In this video, we sit down with Bill Chapman, a local Richmond developer and talk about his projects, Richmond, Historic Tax Credits and any advice he would give to neophyte developers.
Bill got his start in the development world, working with Fountainhead Development before branching out on his own in the early 2000’s. He has done many highly recognizable projects both here in Richmond, as well as in Roanoke, Virginia. Bill is known for his ability to inject contemporary and modern influences into the historic fabrics of both the buildings he redevelops as well as the neighborhoods he operates in.
A sample of his past projects her in Richmond include Citizen 6, the Decatur Condominiums and the Southland Wine Company Lofts. For more information on Bill, visit BillChapmanInc.com.
- Background on Bill
- What are you working on right now?
- How did you get your start as a developer?
- Where did you develop your design style?
- What does the term “Historically Compatible” mean to you?
- Tell us about your relationship with your architect
- What would 2016 Bill tell 2001 Bill?:
- How do you deal with critics of your projects?
- What advice would you give to the ones who want to develop a property?:
- How has the city improved as a partner in development?:
- RVA 2001 or RVA 2016?:
- How have the Historic Tax Credit Programs changed?:
- You’ve just been elected Mayor for the day…
- Boulevard or Shockoe for the ballpark?: