Over time, we have written many posts.
When we began in earnest to write our thoughts about real estate and put them on our network of sites, we didn’t realize how quickly the posts would accumulate. Across our network, we crossed the 100 post mark sometime in early 2014. While it was a neat accomplishment, it also began to create a bit of a problem in that unless you know what you are looking for, you don’t really know where to look.
So, we have begun to categorize the posts into a series of master posts which offer a quick guide to some of the different topics we cover. The one you are currently reading is for the sellers…
The Listing Posts
Understanding the Databases
Understanding how to manage the databases which exist is both confusing and, well, even more confusing. Here are some articles which may help:
- A Look Inside is one of many articles which touches on the use of MLS versus Zillow or Trulia
- If I Were a Buyer, while written from the buyer’s perspective, is really a seller instructional piece as well. Just reverse the view…
- Syndication of Listings is a HUGE deal in our business. The flow chart should help…
If You Are Considering Going it Alone
At some point, everyone thinks about saving the commissions and just acting as their own advocate. Here are some thoughts:
- An Open Letter to the FSBO touches on the many things to consider when hiring a Realtor or the DIY method
- The Angry Life of the Expired listing…well if you have ever had your listing expire, you know the drill.
About One South and Our Methods
We take the way we sell very seriously. Our commitment to print, web and strategy are very much based in serious thought, years of experience and a great deal of testing the best methods to accomplish the goal of maximum seller yield the appropriate time frame:
- We have done some cool print pieces in our day and our look continues to evolve
- Does the Size of the brokerage matter? Not in the way you might think…
- At the end of the day, we all do things a little bit differently, but does it matter? Yes it does…
Pricing? How Do We Price Homes?
Pricing is key, but understanding how to make that extra few percentage points for our clients means having advanced skills in analyzing the data.
- This is a very important article, in my opinion as it takes into account more than just the typical 3 comparable sale method
- We also wrote a huge piece about Relocating to Richmond with some cool heat maps showing values across the region (look about 3/4 of the way down the post)
- A slightly different take on being a Realtor…
- The buyer gets too much attention…what about the seller?
- When do you push back against and offer and when do you stand pat? Here are some thoughts
And while we have written far many more, here are some of the ones we feel have the most value for those considering selling their property